The Friar/BMD philosophy is to question the “status quo” and to search for improvements in the building design, engineering and construction of athletic facilities. The firm’s main goal is to respect the client’s wishes, while creating imaginative, practical, energy-efficient and cost-effective solutions. Since members of Friar/BMD team specialize in arenas and athletic facilities, they are fully versed in all aspects of these facilities and associated technologies.
Friar/BMD's expertise with collegiate athletic facilities includes over $65 million of built ice arenas and the first LEED Certified rink in the United States. Additionally, Ice Arena Specialist Harold Mayhew recently designed an athletic facility that is poised to become the first “Net-Zero” ice arena in North America. The firm offers decades of successful experience, in both the public and private sectors.
- "Net Zero" building designs
- Industry-specific expertise
- Studies & existing condition reports
- Programming / master planning
- Design & construction documents preparation
- Cost controls & alternate use planning for income generation
- LEED certification